The AK300 is the embodiment of purity and timelessness of music.
Its design was inspired by the AK380, our flagship portable music player, continuing the "light and shadow" motif found in the entire Astell&Kern product line.
The AK240 captured a moment in time at which light had ceased to move, while the AK380 expressed the perpetuity of moving light. Now, the AK300 represents the purity of a shadow as it reflects no light.
The essence of a shadow without being split by light was captured in a restrained yet immaculate shape, and this exemplifies the purity of the original studio sound that only Astell&Kern can deliver.
The volume knob was placed in the back to make it protrude so that it would be easier for the user to control with one hand. The front side of the knob is shaped like the wavelength of the sound, which is a representation of the melody and beauty of Astell&Kern that allows the user to catch smallest vibration between sounds. The knurling patterns on the knob's side succeeds the design identity of Astell&Kern audio products while
offering high-end feel and
Astell&Kern is the ultimate digital music source that brings you Mastering Quality Sound or MQS. Astell means ‘Stars’ in Latin and Kern means ‘Center’ in German. We believe Astell&Kern is the center of music.
Original music performances recently have been captured in digital almost exactly as they were performed due to new and advanced recording technologies currently available. These great-sounding recordings are mainly listened to in inferior sound formats, such as MP3 or streaming services. With the debut of the MP3 format, music lovers scarified the quality of the sound for the convenience of being able to carry their music collection wherever they went. Because MP3 heavily compresses the original file for the sake of convenience, you only hear inferior vocals and instruments, and the full soundstage and ambience from the original recordings is missing. The movement of the original performance often disappears when listening to compressed MP3 music. After agonizing over theses issues, Astell&Kern was our solution to the poor quality of musical sound for the sake of portability, and our way to ultimately bring back the original sound quality of the music, MQS, back to music artists, recording engineers and professionals.
Astell&Kern pursuit is to provide the natural and original sound without distortion. It offers almost the exact presence with tiny details you wouldn’t have noticed from other music systems by playing back high-resolution music bit for bit, exactly as it was recorded. The exact sound without missing any bit of the live performance in recordings is what Astell&Kern is known for.
The power of true sound from Astell&Kern has been experienced and also from famous audio exhibitions around the world. Astell&Kern is now admired by music lovers from many countries, including USA, China, Japan, UK, France, and many more around the world.
- Model: AK300
- Body Color: Midnight Black
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Display: 4inch WVGA (480 x 800) Touchscreen
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE(Normal, High, Fast), AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF
- Sample rate: PCM : 8kHz ~ 192kHz (8/16/24bits per Sample), DSD : DSD64, Stereo / DSD128, Stereo
- Output Level: Unbalance 1.98Vrms / Balance 1.98Vrms (Condition No Load)
- DAC: AKM AK4490 x1 (Single DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 24bit / 192kHz Bit to Bit Decoding
- Input: USB Micro-B input (for charging & data transfer (PC & MAC)) / Connection Mode : MTP (Media Device)
- Outputs: PHONES (3.5mm) / Optical Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V4.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptX)
- Dimensions: 2.95 ”(75.15 mm) [W] x 4.42 ”(112.4 mm) [H] x 0.60 ”(15.45 mm) [D]
- Weight: 7.23 oz (205 g)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported (OTAFirmware upgrades supported (OTA)